The interpretation of CRM software definition could be done broadly on the basis of interaction, maintenance, forecasting and decision support features. Interaction is a process which happens between your customer and your business organization for data, information and reports. Follow up is a process for your administrative, marketing and sales teams. Maintenance is a procedure related to database hosting details about market analysis, potential markets, leads and customers data. Forecasting and decision support are performed based on the data gathered and interpretation skills of the CRM software applications. Data security based on hierarchical levels is one of the critical features of CRM software definition.
CRM Software Definition for Interaction
- CRM software definition for customer interaction deals with enquiries, FAQs, invoicing, billing, payments, accounts department follow ups and reports. The customers will be able to access all the information related to their profile, accounts and transactions. They may make changes to their profile like contact details, but they cannot edit any accounts related data. The system protects non editable data through hierarchical levels of data security.
- The customers can access reports related to their product purchase, service availed, payments made, outstanding balance and other details. An efficient CRM software definition includes customized reports based on multiple criteria. For example customers may access the report related to the payments made by them between two specific dates and for a specific product. They system allows them to specify one or more parameters for report viewing, downloading and printing.
- The customers may be able to place queries for specific products and services, access information about new products and services, file complaints and perform other similar tasks. The automated CRM software will be able to post their queries and complaints to the specific departments in your organization. When the responsible personnel input the response to the customer queries and complaints, they are communicated to the users by the CRM system.
CRM Software Definition for Maintenance
The CRM software definition related to maintenance deals with input, storage and maintenance of data related to markets, products, services, employees, customers, competitors, leads, campaigns, marketing, advertisements and all the other related processes. If the size of your organization is small, you may opt for single database systems. If your organization has multiple branches you may opt for distributed CRM software system with centralized database.
- Every product purchase, service availed by the customer will be recorded by the system. This may be done at the Point of Sale or others as per your requirement. The system can calculate and generate the invoices and bills for customers and post them to their email. As the customers make payments, the system can record them and generate receipt vouchers. Outstanding balances and other reports are generated by the system based on these data inputs.
- The system can help track the newly emerging markets and identify the potential customers based on the input from the marketing team. The software applications interact with the backend database and generate analytical reports for the administrative, management and CEO personnel in your organization.